Elias Abuelazam’s Cases Suspended Pending Appeal

on October 14, 2012 in Alleged Serial Killers by

The prosecution in Flint, Michigan has suspected all other cases against Elias Abuelazam until the appeal on his first degree murder conviction is resolved.

Earlier this year, Abuelazam was convicted of the August 2, 2012 murder of Arnold Minor. He as been charged in two other murders and in six assault with intent to murder cases.

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton said the cases were put on hold to save the case strapped county “hundreds of thousands of dollars”. They can be re-issued if needed. Said Leyton:

We decided it was the best possible solution. We reached out to all the victims and all those who responded to us thought this was the best way to go.

Abuelazam was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Arnold Minor. It that conviction and sentence stands, it’s unlikely that the other cases will ever be tried.

There are no comments yet, add one below.

Leave a Comment

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.